During the first two weeks, we will:
- Be introduced to the semester-long project and general course structure
- Explore the basics of web-based public relations and advertising campaigns
- Review the fundamentals of a SWOT analysis and a competitive analysis. Then prepare these for your product in preparation for your looming campaign
- Review examples of user persona research and then apply these techniques to our campaign
- As we begin our semester campaign case study project, please identify the focus and positioning of your product and where it fits into the competitive landscape. Do not worry yet about the brand name or logo. You will conduct a competitive analysis and a SWOT analysis on the product line that they are aiming to develop a campaign for. This will be used to help shape and inform future branding and messaging elements, including social media outreach strategies. Soon you will also create at least three user persona research profiles for the audience that they anticipate targeting.